How to Get Your Kids Eat Vegetables and Other Nutritious Foods

Several moms experience difficulty in feeding their kids with nutritious foods. Honestly, it is easier to teach children how to read and write than to convince them to eat vegetables. Junk foods, instant foods, and fast foods are what most children love to eat. They would rather eat curls for lunch than eating rice and vegetables.


To ensure optimal health, moms should learn how to sway their children’s eating habits from less nutritious to more nutritious foods. Learning and trying to adapt some techniques on how to effectively change the eating habit of kids and to make every meal as exciting and fun as it can be is the perfect solution for this dilemma.
 
It's easier said than done. Yes, I exactly know what you are concerned about. As a mom of picky eaters, I also experienced difficulties feeding my kids with nutritious foods. Just like other children, they also love junk foods, sweets, and fast foods more than vegetables and fruits. They really hate it when I cook and serve them vegetables. But this did not stop me. I looked for ways and tried some tricks just to have them eat nutritious foods. I failed many times but I succeeded a few times. That's enough for me. It is better than not trying at all, right?

You might be wondering what I did. Well, I started by adding mashed vegetables to their favorite dishes. They love meatballs. For instance, instead of using pure ground meat, I carefully added mashed vegetables like moringa, carrots, potatoes, and squash. And they ate them without realizing that they are not purely meat. I did the same in preparing other dishes. I started adding vegetables little by little and worked my way up until such time they get used to eating them. 


As for the snacks, you can opt for healthier options. My kids love potato chips. So instead of opening a new pack of chips, I make my own at home. I deep fry thinly sliced fresh potatoes or sweet potatoes and then season them with a little salt. You can do the same for home-made popcorn. Another healthier option is a home-made banana chip or squash chip. They are equally delicious but they are way healthier than commercially produced chips.
Sometimes I bake them (instead of deep frying) to avoid too much oil. For baking cookies, I use healthier ingredients like oatmeal and honey. 

You might also like to read "How To Teach Your Kids To Stay Healthy"... 

As for the beverages, as much as possible I don't use ready to drink juices and cola. A glass of milk or fresh fruit juice for their beverage is very ideal. Instead, I serve freshly extracted juices. You can give them fresh juice with ice or shake the whole fruit to make it more appealing. 
 
 
My kids' favorites juices and shakes are coconut, lemon or calamansi, mango, apple, orange, mixed vegetables (tomato, chayote or sayote, mango, calamansi, and moringa or malunggay), and turmeric ( both warm tea and cold milk tea). I prepare these juices using fresh ingredients. These are not only tasty and refreshing, but they are as well inexpensive and readily available in the market.

Make your kids follow a good eating habit while they are still young so that they can bring this habit along with them as they grow older. Kids can understand why they need to eat healthy foods if you will do it in a nice and fun way. I can certainly vouch for that.


If you like this post, please share it with others so they will get informed as well. Thanks for your share!

Disclaimer: I do not own the right for all the images used in this post. Credit goes to the owner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Melting Away Your Cholesterol Naturally

Staying Healthy Tips for Grown Ups

6 Natural Herbs That You Can Easily Add To Your Diet

Miracle Food That Can Lower Your Cholesterol Fast

Why Did I Choose to Work Online? Amazing Benefits of Working from Home