Why Did I Choose to Work Online? Amazing Benefits of Working from Home

"Why did you chose to work online? Why not look for a day job, practice your degree, and get a promotion? What's with online working, why do you really like it?"



These are probably the most common questions I heard over and over again from my blog readers, family, friends, neighbors, and even acquaintances. Instead of answering them one by one, I decided to pen the reasons why I love working online and invite them to read my post. (LOL... What a smart technique to answer questions at once while growing my "site visit" stat! Bravo!)

And, I believe many of you are also wondering why online working is becoming more and more in trend nowadays. Read on as I unveil some of the reasons why many people (even the professionals) are now joining the craze. Also included here are some of the benefits of working online.
Working online is like hitting many birds with just one stone!

By working online, I get to hit many birds at a time. Here's why:

Reason/Benefit # 1: It allows you to do your responsibilities at home

This is specifically true for moms like me. Being a career woman and a hands-on mom can be really tough if you are working with a typical day job. But by working as a freelancer, this can be a lot easier. It allows me to take care of my kids, do household chores, watch my kids grow, prepare my family's meal, and send them to school while earning a living.

Reason/Benefit # 2: Continuous learning

Every client is unique and each project is a potential opportunity to learn something new. Personally, I get to learn new things each day and I get to hasten my acquired knowledge as well. It can even help you become more responsible and independent.

Reason/Benefit # 3: Work everywhere you want

Virtual working allows you to work in the comfort of your home, at a cafe, at the beach, or anywhere else. You just need to have an internet connection and a laptop or computer. You can set up your own home office an customize it or work at any spot around the house.

I can work just about anywhere and any time. I don't stay at my desk all the time. I usually go around the house most especially if I start feeling bored and stressed out. I work in the kitchen, in the living room, at my bedroom, and even while in the restroom (hmmm... excuse me for the mention...)




When I go out, I always bring with me my pocket wifi, smartphone, and tablet so I can write while traveling, while waiting in line at the grocery, while enjoying outdoor air, and even while walking. I use every opportunity to pen what's on my mind (before I lose my ideas), save them, and then check and upload them once I arrive home.

Reason/Benefit # 4: Earning a decent income

I get to earn a living that is well enough to support my family. Depending on your skills, project, and client, you can earn as small as a dollar and as large as a thousand dollar a day. Your monthly, weekly, or daily income is completely flexible unless you work for a full-time, fixed rate, and permanent job. Most of the virtual workers, though, take fixed jobs online while doing some extra projects on the side.

If you are still starting, it is best to settle with only one or two projects. You can always work your way up once you already get the feel of working online. 

Reason/Benefit # 5: Office attire issues, no problem!

No office attire required. It's probably one of the best things about having a home-based job. Forget the dress code, forget about the hassles of washing, drying, and ironing uniforms. If you are a virtual worker, you can wear anything you want. You can even wear your pajamas while working. And you don't have to worry about what office attire to wear the following day. (Minimizing laundry loads.. hahaha). 


This may sound insane, but I have tried wearing a formal attire for my top and a pajama with stitches for my lower while talking to my client via Skype. I can guess what you are thinking right now. It's a funny scenario, I know, and I, too, am laughing just thinking how awkward I look like (hahaha). But that's the reality. And I know many freelancers are also doing the same! And if you are planning to do the same also, just make sure that your lower body is not visible to the camera or else, that would be a truckload of embarrassment!

Reason/Benefit # 6: More time/schedule freedom

Work schedule is highly flexible. You can say goodbye to the tight 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 8:00 pm to 5:00 am work schedule. Working from home allows you to work at your own pace. As long as you can deliver high-quality work and hit the deadline, it is completely fine.

Of course, if you are working on a fixed project with a fixed schedule, that's another story. But mostly, the clients will allow you to negotiate your schedule.

Reason/Benefit # 7: No traffic hassles

In countries where traffic is insanely disturbing, virtual working can be your best option. It is a perfect opportunity to stay away from the hassles of extreme traffic. You don't have to drive or travel during busy hours to go to the office and to go back home.

Reason/Benefit # 8: You will save money

Who wants to save some dollars? Well, work at the comfort of your home and you will see a huge difference in your savings account. True, you will bear the cost of your internet connection and some extra figures in your electric bill, but that's quite minimal as compared to how much you can save.

For one, you don't have to pay for your fare if you are commuting or for gasoline if you are driving. You don't need to buy expensive meals, snacks, or coffee from the office canteen or cafe since you can easily and quickly prepare them at home. You also do not have to worry about wardrobe costs as you no longer need to wear, buy and maintain office attire, a pair of well-polished shoes, or even a set of make-up.

You see, there are really many amazing benefits of working from home. And take note, there are still other benefits not mentioned in this post. If you know some, please feel free to share them here at the comment section.

If you like this post, please help me spread the word by sharing this to your social media friends.

Disclaimer: I do not own the right for all the images used in this post. Credit goes to the owner.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Melting Away Your Cholesterol Naturally

Staying Healthy Tips for Grown Ups

6 Natural Herbs That You Can Easily Add To Your Diet

Miracle Food That Can Lower Your Cholesterol Fast